If there is one thing we hear often as designers, it is about the difficulty of styling a coffee table. This is in fact a difficult feat if you don’t know what you’re doing! So we are here to help 🙂
We asked each of our designers to take their favorite coffee table on our showroom floors, clear it completely off, and style it as if it was their own. We feel very inspired by the tables they put together, and we picked up some helpful tips along the way! Have a look at each of their styles, then keep reading for a handful of style tricks and tips.
Rectangle burl wood coffee table styled by Design Assistant Camille Parker
Round glass top coffee table styled by Interior Designer Maddie Ertle
Wood and silver leaf coffee table styled by Interior Designer Jenni Hilbun
Two-tier glass and metal coffee table styled by Interior Designer Erin Baker
Rectangle shell coffee table styled by Interior Designer Katy Hines
Round leather coffee table styled by Interior Designer Laurie Conway
Rectangle concrete coffee table styled by Interior Designer Katherine Shelton
A few things to keep in mind when styling a coffee table:
- Be sure to vary the heights of the accessories you add. This adds an incredible amount of interest.
- Mixing old/rustic with modern/new can be fun, if this is in keeping with the style of the rest of the room.
- Pick a simple color story and stick to it.
- Add interest with a metallic accessory.
- When in doubt, coffee table books.
- Trays and boxes add organization, layering, and function. If your coffee table is an upholstered piece, a tray can also serve as a place to set a drink.
- Is your coffee table in a room where guests tend to gather? Add a game, or a decanter and cocktail glasses, or an conversation piece from your recent travels. Let your coffee table make your job as a host just a little bit easier!
Here are a few more pretty shots from these styled tables. We hope you find some good inspiration! And please do not hesitate to call a designer for help! That is what we do! 😉
Thank you so much for stopping by today. Happy coffee table styling!