This newbie is Anna Goodson, and she is our official house photographer and web store manager! (The web store is still in the startup phase, but Anna’s going to get it up and rolling as soon as she can!)
Here’s a quick little Q&A with Anna so you can get to know her a little better!
1. Tell us where you’re from and something unique about your family and/or pets!
I grew up in Florence, Mississippi with my mom, dad, and older brother. Something interesting about us is that both my brother and I were adopted as newborns, and I have never had a day in my life (that I remember, at least) where I haven’t had a dog.
2. What is your favorite thing about SummerHouse (so far!)
Oh man, there are so many great things about SummerHouse (and I’m not just saying that!)! If I MUST choose my favorite thing, though, it would be the other people I work with. I’m surrounded by fun, creative, and driven people. It is a very positive and happy environment where people are having fun, but also working hard doing what they love. It’s only been a couple of week, but they made me feel like a part of the team since I stepped in the door on day one. (Did I mention there’s wine?)
3. What is one of your favorite things about being a photograher?
3. Again, SO many good things!! I really love being able to capture the beauty in people and things. I enjoy being able to travel, being able to meet so many new people, and see so many new places while I’m on jobs. I like being able to take something that people see so often that they overlook it, and then photograph it and make them really see it again.
4. How do you take your caffeine?
Any and every way I can. As far as coffee, though, I’ll take a large white mocha with soy milk, an extra shot, and no whip, please and thanks.
5. What’s your favorite local restaurant in the Jackson metro area?
That would have to be Taqueria La Guadalupe. It’s this tiny little mexican restaurant at the corner of County Line and Old Canton that is to DIE for. If you haven’t been yet, you should probably just go ahead and cancel all other plans. Yes, it’s that good.
6. What song are you obsessed with right now?
I have this really bad habit of getting into a song/artist and then listening to them so much I am half crazy by the time I remember there is other music out there. Right now one of those songs is Three Months by Local Natives. (In case you’re curious, the artist(s) I am religiously into right now is Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. Next time you want to feel like the baddest of the bad just listen to “Make the Money”. Best listened to on LOUD.)
7. How would you describe your personal style, as far as interiors?
Pretty much anything cozy. If I could just have blankets and pillows everywhere, I would. Oh! I’ve got it! – My style: Blanket fort 😉
In all seriousness, though, that’s another hard one. I love old wood (especially old wood floors), faux fur rugs and throws, BIG windows, exposed brick (love it when it’s painted white!), neutrals, fresh flowers, and SO MUCH MORE.
8. What is your #1 go-to piece in your wardrobe?
I have a pair of black heeled lace up ankle boots that I couldn’t live without. They basically look like a chic heeled version of a combat boot, and I wear them pretty much every day. I’m almost positive that everyone at SummerHouse thinks they’re the only shoes I own.
9. What character on TV do you most identify with?
This one took some thinking. I’m not a huge tv watcher unless it’s one of my few “shows”, but the person I could think of that I think I relate to most would be Robin from How I Met Your Mother. She is a tom boy, but can still be feminine, she enjoys sports, she can be super awkward (my life), and at times has a wickedly sarcastic sense of humor, which I love.
Thanks, Anna, for taking the time to share a little about yourself with us! We’re loving having this girl up here so far and look forward to sharing more of her work with all of you!!