Happy almost weekend, y’all!
There’s a new face in the Oxford shop that you need to get to know! May we introduce to you Laurie Conway! Laurie is a fabulously talented designer who we are thrilled to have as part of our Oxford team and SummerHouse family! Get to know her just a little bit better with a quick Q&A…
1. Tell us about yourself! Where you’re from, about your family, where you went to school…
I grew up in Tupelo and studied Interior Design at Mississippi State. After graduation I moved to Jackson where I have worked in Design for over 20 years. I have two amazing children, Ben and Julia, who are my heart and soul. I have family in Oxford and northeast Mississippi as well as in Jackson. I’m so excited to be back in the Oxford area!
2. Give us a quick overview of your design background!
I’m not a huge fan of digital media, but I love to flip through a magazine over and over again. I have stacks of them on the floor by my bed. I love Traditional Home, Veranda, Milieu and Elle Decor just to name a few!
5. How would you describe your personal taste in design?
I love clean lines mixed with antiques and modern pieces, and layering with accessories and rugs for texture.
6. What is the most inspiring place you’ve visited lately?
New Orleans is always an inspiration to me, so I go there as often as possible. Walking around in the Garden District and sitting in Audubon Park are my happy places.
7. What is your favorite way to spend a day off?
I love working in my yard and potting flowers. I love to paint as well as faux finish. Creating is so relaxing to me.
8. What’s the best movie you’ve ever seen and why?
Fried Green Tomatoes is one of my favorite movies. I love how it depicts Southern women’s lives and strength.
9. How do you take your caffeine?
10. What is your favorite part of being in the SummerHouse family so far?!
I am so excited to be a part of this great team. The designers are so incredibly talented and welcoming and Lisa is of course fabulous!!
/ / / / / / / / / /
Thank you so much, Laurie! We are thrilled to have you on board!